Fresh Step® “Scoop the Poop Week” Giveaway
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning a prize. The Fresh Step® “Scoop the Poop Week” Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by the Fresh Step® brand of The Clorox Company (the “Sponsor”) begins on April 22, 2019 at 10:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 31, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited by law. During the first seven (7) days of the Sweepstakes Period there, will be seven (7) Daily Prize Entry Periods (each a “Daily Prize Entry Period”), as described in Rule #6 below. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “Day” is defined as a 24-hour period beginning at 12:00:00 AM (ET) and ending at 11:59:59 PM (ET); except for the first day of the Sweepstakes which will consist of a fourteen (14) hour period beginning at 10:00:01 AM (ET) and ending at 11;59:59 PM (ET). Daily Prizes are only available during the first seven (7) Days of the Sweepstakes Period; entries received on subsequent Days will only be eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing, not for Daily Prizes.
- Eligibility: Participation open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of The Clorox Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate families (defined as including spouse, biological, adoptive or step-parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.FreshStep.com (the “Website”) and click on the “Scoop the Poop Week” Giveaway link, which will direct you to a registration page where you will be required to: (i) submit certain registration information; (ii) upload a photo that features your cat and is pertinent to the “Scoop the Poop Week” theme to the photo generator (“Photo”); (iii) decorate the photo using supplied graphic elements available at the photo generator; and (iv) submit the entry (“Entry”). Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person/ email address per day over the course of the Sweepstakes Period. Non-winning entries from each Daily Drawing will automatically roll over into subsequent Daily Drawing Periods. If it is discovered that a participant has attempted to enter with multiple e-mail addresses or under multiple identities, or uses any other method or device to enter multiple times per day during the Sweepstakes Period, such participant will be disqualified. Participants are solely responsible for Internet connectivity, software and/or hardware that may be required in order to submit an entry. All entries must be submitted in accordance with these Official Rules; no other method of entry into this Sweepstakes will be permitted. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries must be made by an individual only. Group entries are prohibited. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you, the entrant, fully and unconditionally agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned except as provided herein.
Photo Requirements for Photo Entries: Any Photo submitted for this Sweepstakes that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, is considered inappropriate, offensive or not in keeping with the Sponsor’s Photo will be disqualified. Sponsor may disqualify such entry at any point during or after the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor may disqualify an entry if it includes any Photo or content which, in Sponsor’s opinion, is unsuitable for publication in connection with this Sweepstakes. Additionally, any Photo posted by a Sweepstakes entrant must comply with the following guidelines:
- Photo submission must be an entirely original creation of the entrant.
- The subject of the photo must be the entrant’s cat(s).
- If the Photo depicts anyone but the entrant’s cat, the entrant must obtain permission from such person and must be prepared to provide proof that such permission has been obtained upon request.
- Photo must NOT include Photos of a minor unless the minor is the child or legal guardian of the entrant.
- Photo must NOT include artwork, other photos/Photos, or trademarks.
- Ø Photo must NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing or which is otherwise inappropriate in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, nor may Photo contain any derogatory references to Sponsor or any other person or entity.
- Ø Photo must NOT contain or transmit any materials that contain software viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to impair, limit, interfere with or cause harm to any communications network operated by the Sponsor or the computers of any individual or entity participating in or otherwise associated with the Sweepstakes.
- Ø Photo must NOT have been submitted for any other sweepstakes or promotion.
- Grant of Rights: By submitting a Photo and entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its licensees, successors and assigns an irrevocable, unlimited, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, exploit, perform, edit, create derivatives of, and otherwise use the Photo (and all elements embodied therein) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised without consideration or attribution to entrant, or review or approval by entrant, and without compensation of any kind or additional notice to entrant.
By creating and submitting a photo for entry into the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that entrant will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for his/her entry or for granting the Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Official Rules. Entrant further acknowledges that Sponsor is not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the photo submission for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that such entrant does not reserve any rights in or to the photo submission or Photo.
- Representations and Warranties: Each entrant in this Sweepstakes represents and warrants as follows: (i) entrant has read, understand and will follow the Official Rules for this Sweepstakes; (ii) entrant’s entry complies with these Official Rules; (iii) the Photo is the entrant’s own original, previously unpublished work; (iv) entrant owns all rights to the Photo, including, without limitation, copyrights; (v) the Photo does not contain any computer virus, or is otherwise uncorrupted, and is wholly original with entrant; (vi) as of the date of submission, the Photo is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim, which adversely affects or in any way prejudices, impairs or diminishes the rights granted hereunder or the value thereof; (vii) the Photo does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity and Sponsor’s use thereof will not result in any third party obligations or liability to a third party; and (viii) the Photo does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties (as defined below) from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all claims, damages (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), injuries, death, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of entrant’s warranties, representations or agreements herein, violation of these Official Rules or the Sponsor’s Website Terms and Conditions, the Photo, or entrant’s conduct in creating the Photo or submitting an entry or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrant waives any right to inspect or approve uses of the Photo or to be compensated for any such uses.
- Random Drawing Winner Selection & Notification: Random Drawings / Winner Selection / Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Random Drawings will be conducted by an independent sweepstakes administrator from among all eligible entries received for the applicable entry period according to the schedule below. All decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning a prize in a prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable entry period.
Drawing Entry Period* Drawing Date # Prizes Prize ARV (ea)
Daily Prize #1 4/22/2019 4/23/2019 1 Daily Prize Package $ 23.99
Daily Prize #2 4/22-4/23/2019 4/24/2019 1 Daily Prize Package $ 23.99
Daily Prize #3 4/22-4/24/2019 4/25/2019 1 Daily Prize Package $ 23.99
Daily Prize #4 4/22-4/25/2019 4/26/2019 1 Daily Prize Package $ 23.99
Daily Prize #5 4/22-4/26/2019 4/27/2019 1 Daily Prize Package $ 23.99
Daily Prize #6 4/22-4/27/2019 4/28/2019 1 Daily Prize Package $ 23.99
Daily Prize #7 4/22-4/28/2019 4/29/2019 1 Daily Prize Package $ 23.99
Grand Prize 4/22-5/31/2019 6/1/2019 1 Grand Prize $ 500.00
*Entries accepted through 11:59:59 PM ET on last day of each entry period.
One (1) Grand Prize: Grand Prize is one (1) $500 Gift Card. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $500. Grand Prize will be awarded in the form of a gift card. Seven (7) Daily Prize Packages. Each Daily Prize Package consists exclusively of: one (1) Fresh step Deluxe Litter Scoop Station; one (1) $15 branded gift card for litter purchases. ARV of each Daily Prize Package is $23.99. Daily Prize Packages may be awarded in the form of a gift card, coupon and/or voucher. Total ARV of all available prizes is $667.93. Gift cards are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned. No prize substitution will be allowed. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, at its sole discretion. All income taxes on any prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Once the prize has been delivered to the winner’s residence via delivery-confirmed mail or courier, the prize is considered “awarded.” All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per person.
- Potential Winner Notification: Potential prize winners will be notified by email within five (5) days of the random drawing. Potential prize winners of certain prizes may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity and Advertising Consent and Release (except where prohibited by law) and such other documents reasonably required by Sponsor as part of the prize claim process. All such documents must be signed and returned within ten (10) days of notification or prize will be forfeited. Daily Prize winners will be shipped their prize using the mailing address provided upon Sweepstakes registration. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. In the event that any potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received for the applicable drawing. Return of any prize notification or prize mailing as undeliverable for any reason will result in disqualification. Allow 6-8 weeks for prize delivery.
- Publicity Grant: By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to Sponsor’s and its designees’ use of winner's name, city and state of residence, Photo, and statements about the Sweepstakes and/or likeness for publicity, advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide (including but not limited to social media) without limitation and without further permission, compensation or notice (unless prohibited by law).
- Other Conditions of Participation: By entering, Sweepstakes entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. By participating, entrants agree to release The Clorox Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, wholesalers, retailers or distributors or advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature whatsoever, which entrant may now or hereafter be entitled to assert, including but not limited to, any death, injury, loss of enjoyment, damage to computer equipment, or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever caused or contributed to by participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or in connection with the awarding, receipt and use or misuse of the prize (if awarded to him/her), and/or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Released Parties are not responsible for (i) entries that are lost, late, damaged, garbled, delayed, stolen or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network or, software; (iv) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (vi) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising related to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prize winners, or (vii) cheating or fraud by any entrant.
If for any reason this Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or if this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the original end date, the Sponsor will select the prize winners for any unawarded prizes from among all valid, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of termination of the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or any aspect of this Sweepstakes and void all associated entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Any participant who is notified that he or she has won is the potential winner until Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the participant is eligible to win in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize (if awarded to him/her) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state or federal court located in Alameda County, California, United States, and litigation and/or trials will be decided solely by a judge. ENTRANT WAIVES TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY SUCH ACTION(S); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- Confidentiality: For information about how the Sponsor uses your personal information, please see its privacy statement, located at https://www.thecloroxcompany.com/privacy/.
- Winner’s List: To receive name and city / state of residence of winners of prizes valued over $25, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope accompanied with a signed, hand-printed request to “Fresh Step Winner’s List”, PO Box 11507, Bozeman, MT 59719-1507. All requests must be received by June 30, 2019.
- Sponsor: The Clorox Company, 1221 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612.